Happy Women’s History Month! Knock Knock is a woman-owned business and we pride ourselves in having a badass lady, Jen Bilik, leading our pack. During this month and beyond, steep in the wise words of fierce females who emanate wit like it’s carbon dioxide (i.e. the strong women below), and carry on with your bad self.
1. “You may not control all the events that happen to you. but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” —Maya Angelou (graphic above featured in I Gotta Be Me Inner-Truth Journal)
2. “Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” —Ellen DeGeneres
3. “You also have to know what sparks the light in you so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world.” —Oprah Winfrey
4. “Beauty is all about loving who you are. And if you have a problem with that, may I suggest you try loving who I am?” —Miss Piggy
5. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” —Tina Fey
6. “Clinging to the past is the problem. Embracing change is the solution.” —Gloria Steinem (graphic above featured in I’m Doing My Best Inner-Truth Journal)
7. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” —Judy Garland
8. “Opportunities are rarely offered; they’re seized.” —Sheryl Sandberg
9. “I was amazed that what I needed to survive could be carried on my back. And, most surprising of all, that I could carry it.” —Cheryl Strayed
10. “Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched.” —Mindy Kaling
11. “Very early in life, I realized that the most important relationship is the one you have with yourself. And if you figure that out, every other relationship is a plus, not a must.” —Diane Von Furstenberg
12. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” —Helen Keller
13. “A career is built one paragraph at a time.” —Barbara Kingsolver
14. “Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. Rather, it’s the mastery of fear.” —Arianna Huffington
15. “It’s a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet, and what us sand.” —Madeleine L’Engle (graphic above featured in I Totally Got This Inner-Truth Journal)
Who are your real-life heroines? Give her a shout-out in a comment!
All quotes are taken from our Inner-Truth™ Journal series.