For our weekly “In It for the Money” feature, we’ll be introducing you to the kick-ass Knock Knockers who make everything go, from creative to sales to logistics to . . . everything! Note—everybody answers the first five questions. After that, they have about fifteen wild-card questions from which to choose.
1. Name and title? Chelsea Winer, manufacturing coordinator.
2. Originally from? Upstate New York.
3. What the hell do you do all day? There are far too many things I do on a daily basis to list here, but mainly I make sure our vendors are happy and that we are happy with our vendors. I also help to make sure the product colors match from computer to paper, deadlines are met, and that our products meet our high standards of quality.
4. Favorite thing about working at Knock Knock? The office atmosphere. I laugh all the time! The people (and product, of course) are so fun! It doesn’t seem like it would be easy to balance having fun with being serious, but the people here pull it off effortlessly.
5. Favorite hobbies outside work? Reading! I devour approximately four entire books during the course of one week. It is the perfect escape! I also like snuggling with my kitties (see photo of Penny) and Smashing my memories.
6. Did your professional life exist before Knock Knock? Sure. My career has always revolved around taking an idea or request from a client and putting it into a tangible form. I have worked at four TV networks and five advertising agencies. I found them to be high-strung and higher-strung (respective to here) and so I can truly appreciate the way in which Knock Knock runs.
7. If you were a superhero, what would your name and superpowers be? My name would be Nouveau Novelle and I would have the power to zap memory in order for people to be able to re-watch a movie or re-read a book for the first time! I often wish I could go back and enjoy a book as if I were initially reading it, to experience all of the surprises and twists all over again.
8. Interesting factoid no one would know about you from first glance? I’m a pianist. I was classically trained in the Suzuki Method at age six and I’ve been playing ever since. Somewhere in my early teens, I switched from classical to (for a brief stint), jazz, and then to piano rock. My favorite songs to play are from Broadway musicals and piano bands like The Fray and Coldplay.
9. Favorite Knock Knock product? The My Life in Graphs journal is my favorite Knock Knock product so far. It is such a weird thing to do with the details of your life, but I find it oddly addicting! There is also a journal coming out in Spring 2012 that I absolutely love . . . stay tuned to the blog for more details in a few months!
10. If you were granted one wish, what would it be? At the moment, I would wish for Scott Westerfeld to be in the White House. Now there’s a man with a healthcare plan! His four-book trilogy, starting with Uglies, explores a scary future of mankind that involves beauty and strength surgeries. In fact, most of his books revolve around a plan for mankind . . . all of which I fully approve!
11. Food or drink you couldn’t live without? I can’t live without hot cocoa. Even on the hottest summer days, I need a cup of Swiss Miss to wake me up in the morning. In the same vein, I have a wicked sweet tooth. You can always find me munching on some kind of refined sugar. Smarties, sour gummi worms, and devil’s food cake cookies are my favorites!