For our weekly “In It for the Money” feature, we’ll be introducing you to the kick-ass Knock Knockers who make everything go, from creative to sales to logistics to . . . everything! Note—everybody answers the first five questions. After that, they have about fifteen wild-card questions from which to choose.
1. Name and title? Michal Broomfield, customer service specialist.
2. Originally from? Whittier, California.
3. What the hell do you do all day? I help provide customer service to Knock Knock’s retail, wholesale, and international customers. I’m also the first face you’ll see when you walk into the office, so you can only imagine the amount of knock-knock jokes I hear on a daily basis!
4. Favorite thing about working at Knock Knock? I love the humor! There’s something about working with sticky notes that say “Duh” and “You’re My Bitch,” or pulling out your trusty I’m Going to Die Journal for weekly department meetings, that lightens the mood and promotes a more casual work environment.
5. Favorite hobbies outside work? I like taking road trips and going to happy hour with friends. I’m also practically addicted to any type of shopping: online shopping, catalog shopping, clothes shopping, shoe shopping. But my biggest weakness is bargain shopping! I don’t know what it is—I just can’t pass up a good deal.
6. Did your professional life exist before Knock Knock? Yes. I’ve been working since I was fifteen years old, so I’ve had many different jobs in the past.
7. Favorite Knock Knock product? I think the Slang Flashcards are hilarious.
8. What’s in your music rotation right now? The Erykah Badu station on Pandora. It mixes jazz with hip-hop, neo-soul, and the blues—I love it!
9. Except for bills, what do you spend the most money on? Hair products. I’m obsessed with hair repair, hair moisturizer, anti-snap, anti-frizz, natural shine—you name it, I’ve bought it.
10. Favorite place to sit back and relax? My boyfriend’s place downtown. The patio is the best place to relax with a good book or magazine, while enjoying the Los Angeles sun. Not to mention the view of the city and “Sangria Sunday” summer parties!
11. Food or drink you couldn’t live without? San Pellegrino Limonata. I love the way it tastes and the way it sounds saying it =)!
12. Song you would pick as your theme song? One of my favorite songs is “In a Sentimental Mood” by Duke Ellington and John Coltrane. I would pick this as the theme song for how I view life—it starts out slow, mellow, and timid, picks up as you get used to it, and slows down for a smooth ending.