For our weekly “In It for the Money” feature, we’ll be introducing you to the kick-ass Knock Knockers who make everything go, from creative to sales to logistics to . . . everything! Note—everybody answers the first five questions. After that, they have about fifteen wild-card questions from which to choose.
1. Name and title? Shane, Production Manager.
2. Originally from? Southern California.
3. What the hell do you do all day? It’s a mystery.
4. Favorite thing about working at KK? 1. Its proximity to Gjelina Take Away (GTA). I recommend their awesomely seasoned half-chicken, which they place in a cast-iron pan and roast to perfection in a wood-fired brick oven; 2. Its proximity to my home (i.e., a twelve-minute walk); 3. The people and products are pretty cool.
5. Favorite hobbies outside work? I like to make stuff. Pants, furniture, and a painting now and again.
6. Did your professional life exist before Knock Knock? Yes. I was a print production artist in the advertising world for several years, and did a little photo retouching for a few years before that.
7. Pet peeves? Earthquakes. Do we need them? I don’t think so.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your name and superpowers be? My name would be Atom Smasher and my power would be the ability to learn all there is to know about quantum physics (and understand it).
9. Any hidden talents? I made a mean soufflé. Once.
10. Interesting factoid no one would know about you from first glance? I have a mutant thumb (see picture).
11. Except for bills, what do you spend the most money on? Traveling, mostly. But I also have a weakness for food and rent.
12. If you were granted one wish, what would it be? To live only four minutes from Knock Knock.
13. What advice would you give your past self? 1994: Buy a ton of Microsoft stock. 1998: Sell a ton of Microsoft stock. 2001: Buy a ton of Apple stock. 2007: Sell a ton of Apple stock. 2008: Move to private island.